Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Project 1C - Derivative Surface


(Figure 1) Base Surfaces

I began by exporting the colored surfaces from the matrix of Project 1B. The goal of this exercise is to manipulate this surface to "simultaneously express interpretations of line and contour so that the geometric properties of the surface can be translated."




(Figure 2) Simplify | Fold

I simplified the surface by reducing the number of control points (this reduces the complexity I need to maintain + workload on my computer later on). I proceeded by taking the control points and layering them over one another, which resulted in this folding gesture (Figure 2).

(Figure 3) Pattern Composition

Eventually, the curves will become dynamic once I put them through Grasshopper. Then, a texture will form from the forms' ever-changing curvatures (Figure 3).


No comments:

Post a Comment