Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Project 2B - Promiscuous Collisions

Through the past week, I've been trying to hone my Grasshopper capabilities and apply them to our current project. The tutorial regarding attractor points assisted me most in this process.
The end goal of this exercise is to illustrate the motion of the soccer-kick's movement through dynamic patterning. My original pseudocode proceeded as so:
 1.) GRID/ARRAY sporadic hexagons
 2.) OFFSET perimeters based on <parameter>
 3.) BORDER with a boundary box
 4.) MORPH box onto surface


Now that I've made this, I realize a simpler option of using BRep components and arranging them across a surface. The only positive outcome of this long processing is the versatility and options I've allowed myself. Now to animate this...

1 comment:

  1. I like that you show how the attractor points affect the surface manipulation. How did you do this?

    ReplyDelete